Saturday, November 22, 2008

TWILIGHT

OK, so I am feeling like a 12-year-old little girl right now.  But, I am totally crazy about the Twilight Saga books written by Stephanie Meyer.  My sister and BFF, Wendy, told me about the first book, Twilight and said that I absolutely had to buy the book.  This was about 4 days ago and tonight I have made it through the first two books of the series (Twilight and New Moon). 

I should explain though - Wendy and I do not always agree on books or movies.  Wendy has recommended movies like Aquamarine and Legally Blonde in the past - stating that these movies were "amazing and had really deep meanings."  Sorry Wen, but I just did not find any deeper type of message in Aquamarine or in Legally Blonde (sorry Reese, loved the Legally Blonde and Legally Blonde 2 but no deeper meaning).  So - I was a bit hesitant and worried about buying the first book - Twilight - especially since it is sold in the "teen reading" section of most bookstores.

I must say though - that so far, the Twilight series has been incredible! Who doesn't love a great love story.  And ever since I read about the Vampire Lestat (Anne Rice - Interview with the Vampire written in 1976 - can you believe it?) - I have kind of had a thing for vampires.  So - I had to give this a shot.  And - if not for being somewhat ill today - I would have been lining up with all of the other teens to buy tickets to see the movie Twilight today!  So what if I am twice their age? I just cannot wait to see Bella (played by Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) fall in love! I am curious to see if my imagination of these characters (while reading the books) will be anything like those created for the movie? I think I will have to see this tomorrow.

Thanks again Wendy for turning me on to such a great series and for turning me back into a 12-year-old girl! Can't wait to see this with you tomorrow.  And - for all of you who think you are too sophisticated or old for this book - just read the first 20 pages and call me after that.  I am sure you will be hooked too!

Happy reading and thank you Stephanie Meyer for such a great story! 

No comments: