The time has come, yes, once again to make that list. You - know the dreaded list of resolutions and plans for the year to come. Gotta right 'em down though.
I'll keep it short because it is late and I have some BIG LOVE to go watch. But, in short - here are the few things I would like to accomplish next year:
1) Be a better friend-mother-wife-daughter. Not that I totally suck at these things but there is always room for improvement. I would like to spend more time with those I love. And really, more importantly, I would like to be able to relax and really enjoy those moments that I am lucky enough to have with my kids, my hubby, my parents, my sis and my friends. For those of you who have followed my blog - you know I said goodbye to a close friend just over a month ago. Saying goodbye was tough but it has really made me look at things a little (no - a lot) more carefully. I will slow down and cherish all that I've got. Thank you Paula for teaching me this. You were a much better friend than I ever could have been. I miss you.
2) Get my butt into the gym 3 times a week (or at least run on treadmill at home or around block or something to get my heart rate up for at least 30 minutes). Yes - I know - we've all got this one written down. Nothing new here - move along...
3) Publish SOMETHING. Any book, poeme (OK, not that - totally suck at writing poetry), even a boring medical article - anything... Always dreamt of writing a book - who of us bloggers has not? I would like to say that I accomplished this by the end of 2009. OK - maybe not PUBLISH something but how 'bout just write something worthy and try to get it published?
4) Do something HUGE for someone else. Felt pretty great to help out the families we adopted for Christmas. But - we really should be doing more. I will get to work on this sooner and maybe with the help of all of our OLLM friends we can get some huge event going and really make a difference.
5) Last, but not least - I am going to make a promise to myself to abstain from Starbucks and Fast Food for all of 2009. Sorry - Starbucks, I really, really love you. I know you'll miss me and I am absolutely sure that one of your stores will have to close without my daily business. But, I really feel that my daily addiction is affecting my wallet and my ass in the most negative ways (my butt gets bigger but my wallet gets smaller - not so good...)
I was going to abstain from wine and beer and champagne but really - why set completely ridiculous goals that I just know I cannot keep? Hubby bought us tix to Mardi Gras as my Christmas gift - without the kids! Can you believe it? Really - no possible way that I could go to New Orleans and not drink bellinis (peach, champagne blended drink for all of you who haven't had the pleasure) - waaay to yummy!
So - looking back on 2008 I must say it has been a great year. Except for saying goodbye to Paula and for our never-ending battle with our home builder (lawsuit continues into 2009) it has been a fantastic year. We had a few personal victories - I got a new job at a brand new hospital - very coveted job so I am feeling pretty proud about this still and hubby had some great accomplishments of his own and I am head over heels in love with him still (we're on year 7) so I am super lucky!
Yuma lost 100 lbs (GO YUMA!) - one of Scott's best friends and Felicia had a beautiful baby boy - Baby Draven (yes, very cool name but we just know he'll be goth - gotta buy him a trenchcoat and eyeliner now!). What else? Dear sis Wendy is pregnant and Chris (partner in crime at Ooh La La Mama) is FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY engaged! Yippeee!
So - for all of you out there who think they've got a plan for 2009 - please share your best ideas with us. Email or comment below. Ya never know what we'll be giving out for 2009! Good luck to all.
Wishing all of you a wonderful, happy, healthy and successful 2009. Hoping all of our wildest dreams come true!
Ooh La La Mama