Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pin-Up Girl Party

My Pin-Up girl themed lingerie party is this Thursday! Aaack! I sometimes forget how being a Mommy makes everything take 10x longer to finish. I have trouble cleaning during the day when Marisa is awake, so most things have to get done at night. I'm so excited though, I can't wait. I'm making Champage Punch. I made it for another party but unfortunately was 9 months pregnant and couldn't try it. It was a huge hit though so I'm thrilled I have another occasion to make it. If you've got any holiday parties coming up, here's the recipe (courtesy of Epicurious.com):

Servings: Makes about 16 cups, serving 12.

Ingredients
1 cup Triple Sec
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup Chambord
2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
1 quart chilled ginger ale
2 chilled 750-ml. bottles dry champagne

Preparation

In a bowl combine the Triple Sec, the brandy, the Chambord and the pineapple juice and chill the mixture, covered, for at least 4 hours or overnight. In a large punch bowl combine the Triple Sec mixture, the ginger ale, and the champagne and add ice cubes.

Enjoy! Check back after Thursday to see how the lingerie shower went, and for more ideas and inspiration on throwing your own pin-up girl party.

No comments: